Nowadays it’s very important to create a safe and protected environment to protect your employees. The efforts to protect employees show that the company cares about them and not treat them just as workers. When the workers feel safer and more secure at work, the production automatically increases.
A company also has a legal obligation to protect and safeguard its employees. By taking the protective steps like installing sufficient lighting in parking lots, making proper emergency evacuations and checking them on regular intervals and providing training on emergency evacuation can prove your efforts towards protecting your employees.
Steps To Improve Employee Security
- Must have an effective workplace security plan
- Risk assessment – Conducting a safety audit helps
- Issuing photo ID badges to employees
- Providing coded key cards for building access
- Installing safety equipments in the building to safeguard employees
- Providing security guards on all entry and exit points of the premises
- Maintaining the register of employees for daily entrance
Hiring A Private Security Company: First there is a need to evaluate whether your employees are at risk of violence due to late working hours or working in night shift. Whether they handle cash or other valuables in the company? Do you have layoffs often? So, the private Security Company may give a good solution to protect the employees of the company, business premise and its valuables. Below are some factors to consider:
- Employee’s opinion: Workers will feel more secure and safe knowing that professional security personnel are present on the premises and nothing wrong will happen.
- Regular Inspection: Alert security guards can help to check doubtful spots and can eliminate breaches in security and improve physical security of employees.
- Trained Security Guards: Trained guards hired from a private Security Company can help to reduce potentially violent individuals from entry to the building. Thus, can reduce violence and employee theft.
- Self-satisfaction: By hiring a private security force, you and your employees will lower the risk of any mishappening that may occur due to non-availability of such security force.
- Public View: Customers and other visitors to the company will also feel safe and secure if trained guards greet them.
Importance Of The Workplace Security Plan: A company must have a security plan in place to safeguard its employees. The employees will always feel secure knowing that the premise he/she works in is fully secured. It will help to lower employee turnover rate and lead to less attrition rate. The employees are the most valuable asset and backbone of the company and if protected at the workplace means everyone is secure. Also, there would be fewer insurance claims if the employees are protected. It gives better chances of retaining clients if the data of the company and its employees are secured. The working place and its environment is much healthier. Communications among employees at all levels will increase and it contributes towards a happier workplace.
In the end, if the building does not have an effective security system then they will slowly move out of the company. To reduce dropouts or attrition rate it is important to implement security in the workplace. A regular security level check should be done to know whether the plan is foolproof or not. Changes must be done from time to time, as it becomes easy for hackers to breach the security.