Whether you are an individual throwing a party for family and friends or you are an owner of a party planning business, there is only one objective, and that is for the party to be a success. But what really defines a good party? Does it focus on the attendees or the other things needed such as food, beverages, venue, and other? Well, every tiny bit will contribute to the success of an event.
An event cannot be planned in an instant. It requires time and effort to go through every detail. It is important to have a checklist to ensure that all aspects are being look into prior the scheduled event. So, what should be part of a party planning checklist?
1. First and foremost, a theme should be chosen. This is where the planning can actually begin.
2. Decide on a budget. Of course, everyone would love to party with all the inclusions as much as possible but there should always be a limit when it comes to expenses. Make a guestlist to have an overview of the possible costing
3. Make an option for the venue, the date and time as some may not be as lucky because someone else have made the reservation on the preferred date.
4. Once the venue and date has been set along with the guest list, send out the invitations. Nowadays, digital invitations are popular than paper invitations.
5. Contact food and beverage suppliers. You may want to seek recommendations from family and friends with this aspect.
6. Style up the venue. Who would want to party with a dull and lifeless occasion? This will definitely set the mood for any party.
7. Hire event staff and helpers. It is always better to have some extra hand before, during and after the event.
8. Follow-up on RSVP’s. Some may fail to recognize the importance of RSVP but it is surely is. As soon as guest list is finalized, update the suppliers such as caterers, event staff and everyone involved in the planning of the party.
9. Contact all suppliers at least 3 days before the party to ensure that everything is in place. Confirm everything well in advance to give an ample time just in case something is not at par to what is expected.
Party planning is one tedious job nowadays. With so much expectations and work in your hands, it could really be something overwhelming for a party planner. However, with the best suppliers and contacts, a successful party is not really impossible. Although, there could be instances that do not go as planned, a plan b or even a plan c will make everything work as it should be. The success of a party depends not only on how it is planned or prepared but also on how an organizer face circumstances.