material that is not easy to break but some natural occurrences can break it. It is important to fill crackswith a concrete repair mortar to prevent the building from destruction.
Types of concrete mortar repair
It is important to fix the gaps which have been occurred in the building. The following are the two types of concrete mortar repair:
- Cementitious concrete repair mortar: It is a cement-based mortar and is used for construction by using bricks. This mortar is feeble and prone to damage. Martial is available everywhere and used to give a touch to the damaged place. The advanced cementitious mortar is available which includes anti-corrosion quality and helps to absorb the moisture. Through this, the building will last long without any destruction.
- Epoxy concrete repair mortar:It is used for cracked flooring. It provides strength to the cracked placed by filling up the gap. The epoxy mortar gives a permanent repair offer.This is the fast curing method to apply to the cracks and gives it a long last effect.When this mortar is used to make the roads, it long lasts for 2-3 years due to heavy traffic on the roads.
Properties of concrete repair materials
- It should have fewer shrinkage properties.
- It should be based on alkaline character.
- Once applied it should not have fixing requirements.
- Less water permeability.
- It should be non-polluting. Some mortar pollutes the environment through the gas and the chemical properties added to it.
- It should be durable.
Advantages of concrete
- Durability is high.
- The maintenance of concrete is insignificant.
- It can be made in different shapes.
- Concrete is free from defects.
Disadvantages of concrete
- The concrete has low strength, concrete should be strengthened to avoid cracks.
- The weight of concrete is high than the strength.
- It contains solublesalts which cause inflorescence.
The concrete repair mortar is preferred by the people to fill up the gaps that have been occurred in the buildings. It provides a long-lasting effect. People should choose the repair mortar which is durable and less ductile. Epoxy repair mortar should be used in a place that requires long effects such as floors and roads. Cementitious repair mortar is used to fill the smaller gaps but it is feeble and does not long last.
Concrete repair can be caused by various factors such as structural defects caused by water erosion, building adjusting. Mortar is used to keep the bricks together. It’s a hard