Nowadays, going online is a mandatory part of any event program. You don’t have to cancel or delay your events. Instead, you can host 100% events online without any trouble. Even, a multi-day event can be turned into a fruitful virtual event that ensures the insights of attendees. It is exploring more popularity due to the pandemic circumstances.
How to plan and host a productive virtual event?
From opting for the appropriate virtual event hosting platform to maintaining communication with production services and sponsors, operating the entire event systematically requires appropriate planning.
To make your event successful, you can apply the following tricks and tips:
- Give preference to attendees’ engagement – During the virtual presentation, try to engage your attendees in the event by a question-answer session. You can also provide opportunities for social networking. Besides, if your sessions would be divided into separate short segments it would be easier to reach the attendees individually. It would also ensure smooth accommodation during the session. You can invite some great and renowned speakers to grow interested among the attendees.
- Try to replicate the official pattern of in-person sessions– During in-person events, you generally pay proper attention to your dress-up, timing, name tag, and many more things. Try to follow the same pattern for your online sessions as well. You can introduce exciting elements like a countdown timer, joyful music, or a surprise announcement during the session.
- Offer a variety of sessions – To increase your audiences’ engagement, confirm to host different types of virtual sessions. The sessions shall differ from each other by their look and sound. Change patterns according to your target audience. Also, attendees’ input must be compulsory. You can also arrange a roundtable debating session among invited experts about a relevant topic such as Panel discussions.
- Give importance to visual experience – Whenever, you’re hosting a session from a virtual venue, you can increase the uniqueness of that session by utilizing some production kits. These include appropriate lighting, a good quality webcam, a pleasant virtual background. Besides, you can include some videos, graphics, statistical data, charts in your presentation for increasing the audience’s attention.
- Try to personalize the virtual experience – The most important part of your online events is personalization. You can personalize the attendees’ virtual experience in various ways. You can create more than one track for the conference, and give them access to choose whatever they would like the most. You can also host 1-on-1 sessions depending on their requirements.
Along with the above-mentioned tricks, selecting a great host and making actionable topics of discussion are very important. Besides, you should have to prepare well to present a productive and confident virtual session.