Restoration of flooring can provide a fresh look to your room or house. Here’s how to revive wood flooring.
Step 1: Cast off the carpet
To start the recovery, you should first dispose of the carpet on it. If you do not have any, skip to the next step.
- Cast off all the furniture and add-ons, including curtains from the room.
- Clean the carpet thoroughly. You could employ a vacuum cleaner.
- Now eliminate the carpet from the floor using a pry bar or a razor knife. The latter helps you rip it into sections. You must decide on wearing gloves.
- After getting rid of the carpet, get rid of the carpet pad. Some are probably removed at the facet of the carpet. Use the same approach of casting off one end with a pry bar and then pulling it back slowly. Be cautious about being gentle, or it might rip.
- Search for carpet staples and tack strips and eliminate them with a claw hammer cautiously.
- Clean the carpet adhesives via a plastic scraper/chisel or by scrubbing and adhesive remover.
- Then take out the baseboards by using a pry bar.
- After that, take any reusable plastic sheet and cowl the openings inside the room.
Now the room is prepared for grooming.
Step 2: Sand the floors
The next step is to sand the flooring.
- Use a random orbital sander and grit sandpaper for sanding the floors. To gather the dust produced, sanders are connected to the vacuum hose.
- Sand in rows. Then overlap the rows without missing any place.
- To smooth the corners, use a hand sander or an element sander. The latter may be used to send any small spots inside the room.
- To smooth up the rest of the dust, use a vacuum.
- Sand the floors once more by using sandpaper.
- Use a vacuum again and then mop the floor.
- To dispose of vintage wax, use a mineral spirit.
Now the floor is prepared.
Step 3: Stain the floors
To stain the ground, comply with these steps.
- Apply a hardwood floor stain to the floor by using a lambswool applicator. Avoid the formation of any puddles.
- You could stain the corners of your room with a paintbrush.
- Let it be overnight to dry.
Next is the last step.
Step 4: Making use of Polyurethane
To begin the procedure the following day-
- Ventilate your room.
- Firstly, take the polyurethane can. Open and stir.
- Before applying it, clean your applicators.
- Then stain the ground. Make two applications. Let the first one dry before applying once again.
- Take a time of 2 to a few days before the usage of the room.
Now your floor has been restored. Get your furniture and add-ons back to their place.