Physiotherapists, as we all know, are professionals who work to improve and maintain functional ability and physical performance. And, when it arrives to health, evidence suggests that women’s health physio singapore can help relieve pain and other symptoms. Most women are unaware of the resources and services available to help them regain their health and return to a healthy state of mind and body.
What is women’s health physio?
Female Health Physiotherapy evolved from the clinical field of Obstetrics and Gynecology. The care of women during pregnancy, both prenatally and postpartum, such as learning antenatal classes, therapeutic interventions for incontinence, and the support of women undergoing Gynecological surgery.
- The scope of practice has now expanded to include all women’s health concerns, including incontinence, pelvic/vaginal pain, antenatal and post-birth musculoskeletal pain, osteoporosis, rehabilitation after breast surgery, lymphedema, education, prevention, wellness, and exercise.
- Physical therapy benefits women of all ages, including young athletes, childbearing women, menopausal women, and the elderly.
Working Mechanism of a Physio
Your evaluation and treatment will be determined by your current condition.
- It began with a highly classified and detailed history. While these sensitive topics are frequently challenging to discuss, acknowledging the occurrence of your symptomatology and how they affect your everyday life is critical in guiding your treatment.
- The physical examination will almost certainly start with an investigation of your abdominals, pelvis, and lumbar spine. It is a crucial component of your exam because it allows you to determine the tone, strength, and regulation of your pelvic muscles.
- The pelvic muscles and connectives will be evaluated for damage or scar tissue, indicators of prolapse, increased muscle growth, tenderness, sensory perception, and neural sensitivity using finger palpation.
- The pelvic muscles muscle will then be evaluated for endurance and strength. It is critical to determine whether the right and left, simplistic, and deep pelvic muscles are cooperating, and if not, why not. The analysis results will be shared with you, and treatment will be determined based on the findings as well as your symptoms.
Women’s health physio Singapore treats conditions unique to women, such as pelvic floor disorders. Pelvic floor disorder and pain are chronic issues for millions of women. Pelvic floor problems are common once women have eroded pelvic muscles or tears in the pelvic organ connective tissue. Many women are unaware of treatment options that can assist them in pain and enhance their life quality.
- Women’s health specialists treat the following conditions:
- Bladder control loss, stress urinary incontinence, or mixed incontinence
- Urge to urinate frequently or unexpectedly
- Discomfort caused by the urethra or urethra
- Fading of the pelvic organs, including the bladder, intestinal, rectum, uterus, and vagina
- Deficiency in bowel control
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Weakness, stiffness, or pain in the pelvic floor muscles
Many pregnant women encounter lower back pain, which can impair their ability to rest and complete daily tasks. Pregnancy is an incredibly crucial time to think about physiotherapy. This contains antenatal care, during childbirth, and postnatal treatments to alleviate any pain or discomfort.