Don’t you feel relaxed and mentally satisfied upon entering a clean and tidy office with shining and bright carpets? So do your employees and customers. A well-cleaned carpeted building triggers positive feelings in one’s mind and helps to boost one’s energies and hence, productivity.
Unfortunately, however, carpets are often the most neglected area when it comes to cleaning. Cleaning staff at offices or other commercial buildings often tend to escape cleaning carpeted floors on a daily basis. Moreover, they are not often aware of the proper cleaning techniques for carpets. This makes way for dust and grime to accumulate in the carpet areas, giving them a dull and untidy look. Therefore, it is necessary to hire professional carpet cleaning service providers at regular intervals.
Importance of Carpet Cleaning
Here are some reasons why you must always keep your home or office carpeted floors clean:
- Increase longevity – Accumulation of dirt and other pollutants can reduce the longevity of your carpets due to discolouration and early wearing out. So clean them regularly and save big on frequent carpet replacing costs.
- Improves air quality – Clean carpets improve the quality of the air you are residing in – be it your home or office. This helps you to stay healthy and energetic.
- Removes stains and spots – If you allow stains to linger on carpets for too long, they become harder, thus difficult to remove. So remove them as soon as possible with the help of professional office or house cleaning Melbourne companies.
- Eliminates germs, bacteria, allergens, etc. – Carpets are a breeding ground of harmful bacteria, viruses, bugs, mites, etc., and accumulate a lot of airborne pollutants. This is not good for your employees’ health, and they may end up taking more sick leaves, thus hindering work productivity. So keep your carpets clean to remove these harmful microorganisms.
- Boosts employee productivity – Clean and tidy carpet floors enhance productivity as it renders positivity and optimistic feelings. This helps employees to come up with new ideas and also keeps them healthy and makes them feel safe. Similar is the case for school students, gym members or customers visiting some commercial space.
- Enhances appearance – A clean carpet would give a rich look and feel to them, thus making the whole office space look elegant and nice.
Popular Carpet Cleaning Techniques
You must adhere to the best and efficient methods of cleaning your carpets, instead of merely shampooing them. Here are some of the widely accepted ways –
- Steam cleaning or Hot water extraction cleaning – It uses hot water and pressure to dissolve the stubborn stains and thicked dirt, dust or mud from the carpets. Steam cleaning also imparts a fluffiness to the carpets, thus making them appear fresh, soft and comfy.
- Dry cleaning – It uses special detergent powder or other cleaning chemicals, applied with little amounts of water. A carpet cleaning Melbourne service provider would use a rotating brush and extraction tools to remove trapped dirt and grime.
- Carpet shampooing – This technique uses detergents with water to clean carpets, similar to the process of shampooing one’s hair. This helps to loosen hardened dirt and debris.
- Foam cleaning or Encapsulation – Foam cleaning is used for filthy carpets and foaming makes a carpet to bubble and expand. This further helps dirt and other trapped pollutants to loosen, which is then extracted out.
- Bonnet cleaning – This technique is used by many house cleaning Melbourne professionals and is quite effective. It involves the utilisation of a speciality carpet cleaning machine having a thick bonnet or towel at the front. The bonnet rubs special rug shampoo along the carpet fibres, which is then extracted along with the trapped debris and dirt.
So hire a professional and well-trained carpet cleaning service provider and see yourself healthy and prosperous.