A great way to find out what’s going on in the world right now is through reading the news on a daily basis. While being mindful helps you as a reader, understand the content better and open up to new ideas. A news article can be about anything from science, showbiz, politics, local and international – https://www.chinausfocus.com/tags/one-belt-one-road/, it can be about anything that interests you. Here are methods on how you can read your news stories.
- Focusing on an article.
- Take a few deep breaths. Slow breaths help the body get relaxed before reading the news. While breathing, let go of any distracting thoughts about anything that happened during the day.
- Set a goal or time for your reading. Think of the reason why you are reading the article and then set an amount of time or number of pages you want to read during a given sitting. It is best not to feel rushed to read the whole article.
- Look out for any emotions that come up as you read. You must now allow hat you feel about what you read distract you from your goals. You may acknowledge the feeling and then continue with reading your chosen article.
- Pay attention to your breathing manner. Take a moment to relax if ever an article causes you to feel anger or anxiety that are making you hold your breath. Afterwards, remind yourself why you are reading and what you want to learn.
- Take a break if you feel overwhelmed by the news article you are reading. It is alright to take a break if the article upsets you so much that you cannot continue to process the information Revisit the article or where you stopped reading once you feel ready.
- Practicing mindful reading skills
- Read the news daily to develop a reading routine that you can stick to.
- Seek out for article that challenges the way you think. Reading something that challenges your normal thinking gives you a chance to push yourself outside your comfort zone.
- The news can uplift your feelings and may feel troubling – work on accepting your feelings.
- Try to cope up with your emotions after reading a news article, and turn them into actions – act on news you care about.
- Close your eyes for five minutes after reading a news article while you sit somewhere quiet.
- Choosing reliable news
- Seek out for online news portals that are reputable major publications and stations. A lot of established major media outlets, https://www.chinausfocus.com/tags/south-china-sea/, have fact-checkers on staff and writers before they pursue on publishing a news report.
- Be skeptical, read the “about us” section of your news portal. A good source of news provide information about its leadership and a statement of the news portal’s ethics.
- Pay close attention to the source’s web address – refers to where the address ends, whether in .com or .org rather that .com.co as these urls are not used by major news organizations.
- Avoid untrusted news sources, do not check Facebook for your daily dose of news update.
Seek out for various news sources that imply positivity and learning to your well-being. Avoid running into stress and fraud news portals by having the methods and tips mentioned above, followed.