This petition is used by a conditional resident who requested marriage status so that US citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) removes the terms at their place of residence.
Who may file Form I-751?
The form i 751 is referred to as the “Petition to Eliminate the Conditions of Residence.” If you are currently in the US If you are a conditional resident, your status as a conditional resident-only lasts for two years, depending on whether you or your parents are married to an American citizen.
- You were married well, but later your husband died;
- You entered into the marriage with good faith, but later the marriage was terminated because of divorce or divorce;
- You entered into the marriage with good faith, but you were beaten or hardened by the petitioner’s husband; Or
- Your unconditional parents entered the marriage well, but your parents were United States citizens or legal permanent residents or you were beaten Conditional resident parents; Or
- The termination of his post and removal from the United States will result in great difficulty.
You will find the following documents in USCIS. Will have to submit:
- A copy of your alien registration card, front, and back, (otherwise known as a green card).
- Proof of getting married in good faith (If you have children, they have copies of their birth certificates (these are particularly strong forms of proof).
- If you are requesting a waiver of the Joint Filing Requirement, documentation supporting your request
- If you’ve changed the legal name, the court order reflects the change.
- If you have a criminal or drug history, document what happened – get help from a lawyer with this, as such actions can be easily denied on your green card.
Remember that if any of your documents are in a foreign language, you will need to submit an English translation with them.
Is any need for an interview?
There is no indication of fraud or inaccurate information in Form I-751 or supporting documents, And there are no complicated facts or issues that need an interview to solve.
How much do I-751 cost?
You will pay $595 as a filing fee. Also, you must pay an additional $85 as a biometric service fee for each person, who, like your children, is applying to remove the terms from permanent resident status.
Form I-751 Processing Time
The actual processing time for Form I-751 may vary, depending on the number of applications received, the USCIS office you applied to. The processing time may also depend on the accuracy of the information you provide. This will usually take time 6 to 12 months.
The whole process of turning your situation into a permanent resident without a conditional resident is overwhelming and frustrating. It is therefore advisable to thoroughly understand the entire process and to complete form i-751 with complete accuracy.