If you are a person who wears glasses all the time and need an effective replacement, contact lenses might be what you are looking for. They are an excellent choice for nearly anyone who needs their vision corrected and does not want to undergo surgery or wear glasses 24/7. However, if you are going to use, they need to be cleaned and stored properly to maintain eye health. There are many reasons to consider contact lenses- They move with your eye and allow a natural field of view without obstructing your vision and reducing distortions simultaneously. Unlike glasses, they do not get spluttered by rain or cloud your vision by fogging up. Hence, they are excellent for sports and any other physical activity. However, getting the right quality is important, such as the ones offered by ‘Lens Village’, a Korean lenses shop. They provide customized lenses for reasonable prices in a short period of time.
Advantages and disadvantages of different kinds of contact lenses
- Rigid gas-permeable: These are made of slightly flexible plastic that allows enough oxygen to pass through into the eyes.
- It provides excellent vision, has a short adaptation period and is easy and comfortable to wear.
- It has a relatively long life and is available for vision solutions like myopia control and corneal refractive therapy
- It requires consistent maintenance and can slip off the center eye more easily than other lenses
- Debris can sometimes get under the lenses and might require regular office visits for follow-up care
- Extended wear- These lenses are available for overnight wear in RGP or soft lenses.
- It can be worn for up to 7 days without removal
- There are some lenses that are FDA approves and can be worn for up to 30 days
- These lenses do not correct all your vision problems and could increase the risk of complications in your eyes
- They require regular monitoring and professional care and hence, frequent office visits for follow-up care
- Extended wear (disposable)- They can be worn for an extended period of time and then discarded.
- They do not require regular cleaning and there is a reduced risk of eye infections if the instructions are properly followed
- Spare lenses are available in tints and bifocals as well
- The vision may not be as clear or sharp compared to other lenses
- Handling these lenses might be difficult and they might not correct all the vision problems
- Planned replacement- Planned replacement lenses are soft, daily wear lenses which are replaced as per a planned schedule
- It is easy to clean and disinfect on a regular basis and is good for your eye health
- It is easily available in most prescriptions
- Handling these lenses may become difficult with time and they may not correct all your vision problems
- Your vision may not be as clear or sharp as with RGP lenses